Feb 10, 2014

Live Fish Taken Out Of Teen's Stomach

 A 14-year-old boy who accidentally swallowed a live koi fish on Saturday was on Sunday operated on at Midnapore Medical College and Hospital. The boy is recovering after doctors removed the fish from his stomach.

Tanmay Mal of Garbeta was catching fish when one leapt out of the water suddenly and accidentally entered his mouth. The startled boy gulped the fish down. A few hours later he started complaining of acute pain in the abdomen. He was rushed to hospital on Sunday morning.

Ultrasonography showed the fish alive and lodged in the stomach. In an emergency operation, the fish was removed. Except for minor bruises in the stomach lining, doctors said the boy is doing well.